Facebook: Valentine Crawford for Trustee
I know we are doing better for kids. Born and raised in Prince George I dropped out of high school at the end of grade 10 when at a time in my life of being honest about who I was, a young gay man. When I was ready to go back to school the School District was there for me via the TAPS programs. The program had some amazing teachers and social workers that were committed to my success. They believed in my potential and they encouraged me 110% of the time because there was always times that I doubted myself. These people changed my life forever and I believe every kid should have the opportunity and chance to succeed like I did.
Despite the courage of teachers and CUPE members, job action has taken a tremendous toll on everyone in the district and the first job of a trustee must be to restore moral in the district. As we are all partners in education, teachers must begin to feel supported in their classrooms and have their work and ideas validated again. I believe that Trustees must be leaders and a voice for education in our communities and the trustees have become silent on what is most important in our district…students! I Believe in Empowering Educational Leaders, keeping kids in school, and building Student Leaders”
As a Trustee hopeful, I bring with me a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table:
- District #57 Trustee (2008-2011)
- 11 years as President of Pride Prince George
- 6 years on College Board of Governors
- 5 year with College of New Caledonia Students’ Union for 5 years
- Commissioner – National Queer Constituency Group Canadian Federation of Students’
- Three years Provincial Executive Rep. of the Canadian Federation of Students (BC)
- Four years on the College of New Caledonia Education Council
- 3 years Prince George & District Labour Council Rep.