Twitter & Instagram: @tiben12
Facebook: Re-Elect Tim Bennett – SD57 Trustee
Phone Number: 250-649-8316
I have spent most of my life in Prince George. It is a community I love and plan on raising my family here. I have had the privilege of spending the last three years sitting on the Board of Education for School District 57, two of them as Vice Chairperson. I am also the Executive Director for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince George, Director and immediate Past President with Volunteer Prince George and perhaps that position I treasure most is father to my son Ryan, who will be entering Kindergarten in 2017. Over my years in Prince George I have tried to find opportunities to give back to my community. In addition to the roles mentioned above I was the funder and organizer of the HEARTS Seniors Christmas dinner that ran between 2000 and 2009 and have been quite involved with various community organizations including Scouts Canada where I sat on the district, regional and provincial councils. I know that I have the skills, experience, and passion to continue to serve our school district for the next four years.
I am seeking re-election as I believe the best return on investment is proactively investing in our children and their future. When you do this you not only open their eyes to what is but their minds to what could be. Like last election I am not going to do signs and keeping election spending to a minimum because resources are limited they need to be used efficiently. I am not collecting campaign contributions because our local not for profits can use the funds a lot more than I can. It means if you want to support me and my campaign you need help me spread the word about me but probably the best way to support is to get out and vote!
I believe the role of Trustee aligns with my core beliefs. For those who don’t know me here are a few things I believe in and help forms the “lens” that I use on a day in and day out basis. Here are a few things you should know about me:
- I believe that every child has the right to a free quality education
- I believe every child and staff have the right to feel safe at school
- I believe that education is the foundation to building a strong, vibrant and sustainable community
- I believe that every child when given the right skills and supports will be leaders in the community and have the potential to do amazing things
- I believe we all have a responsibility to end family poverty
- I believe that the needs of our children and families are more complex than ever and additional resources are needed to address mental health issues, and other cross ministerial issues being downloaded on the Education system.
A few priorities for me over the next mandate include:
- Remaining present and available to stakeholders and the community through social media, email, telephone and ensuring regular visits with liaison schools
- Ensuring that a safe and quality education program is offered to all students including those in our rural communities
- Ensuring additional resources are available for our aboriginal and vulnerable students as well as those who need additional mental health support.
- Completing work that has started but not yet complete including policy review, strategic planning and work with ad-hoc committee on mobile technology
- Continuing to provide leadership during a mandate where the board may have difficult decisions to make
If you ever want to learn more about me or why I am seeking re-election for SD57 Trustee please feel free to visit www.timbennett.me, call me, email me, track me down online or stop me when you see me around town. I would love to chat with you. Whether you vote for me or one of the other candidates for Trustee I thank you for taking the interest in Public education for getting informed before Election Day!